Who can participate in the FICVI?
- All the short films produced afterthe 1st January 2019 can participate.
- The short films that were inscribed in the previous edition will not be admitted.
- is an international movie festival.
- Each participant can submit 1 work per category.
- Registration is free
Topic and genere
The topic and genre of the productions are free.
The categories are:
- Fiction Short films.
- Animated short films.
Format and lenght of the videos
- Registration is free and the productions can be shot in any format,with a maximum of 30 minutes including the film
- The screenings will be in digital video
- All the works must be submitted with Spanish or Catalan subtitles.
The inscriptions of the short films will be formalized by directors, producers or their legal representative.
The deadline for entries is the 30th of june 2020. The entries received after the expedition date will not be accepted.
A committee will make a previous selection of the presented works and will send an email sufficiently in advance to the participants, movie producers and directors of the selected short films. The Festival will also communicate by hand the list of winners to all the classifieds. This communication will be sent to the person in the short movie’s inscription form.
The works with a promotional nature will not be accepted.
Once the work selected, it can not be removed from the Festival program.
The selected films will be screened publicly during the festival, understanding that their authors or producers authorize their projections.
Screening, use and intellectual property rights of the short films
The directors and producers are responsible for ensuring that the content of his works does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties and exempts the organizing Committee from any statutory liability.
Selected works may be used to enhance and / or promote the festival.
Shipping of the films for display
The selected films must be sent in the display format before the 30th august of 2020 through Wetransfer or Mega to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Festival doesn’t need copies of the projection. If a work, given its specifications, requires the projection copy (USB Drive, Hard Disk or optical device) the staff will pay the charge of the devolution of the copy to the producer/distributor or to another festival, if you ask for it and only if it is in the national territory.
The organisation has a civil liability insurance to face off the expenses of the damage or loss of a projection copy, or some other material sent by the participants, the festival will be responsible of their immediate replacement.
Received video files for the projection must be:
• The maximum resolution projection Festival is 1920×1080 (1080p) and the minimum is 1280×720 (720p ) and always in widescreen (16:9).
• File extension: the format of the received file is DCP .mov or mp4.
• Video Codec: video codec used is Apple ProRes 422 or H264/MPEG4 AVC.
• Audio codec: audio codec used is AAC or PCM
Complementary material from the selected works that must be sent
Supplementary Material of selected works:
• Director’s filmography.
• 1 Photocopy of the director or producer’s ID.
• 1 Picture of the director in jpeg format at 300 pixels resolution.
• 3 photographs of the short film scenes in jpeg format at 300 pixels resolution.
• Posters and other promotional material.
• The format for the subtitles must be .srt
Commitments for the awarded short films.
The producers and directors of the short films at the time of placing their works in the FICVI, agree that, in case of getting any of the awards bestowed by the festival it will include a written reference to this award in all distributed copies of the short film for exhibition in theatres, DVD, internet and / or audiovisual events, as well as on all printed information and promotional material, such as, press-books, posters, etc. . This reference will consist of a text with the type of award received, accompanied by the name of the festival.
The participation in the Festival, and therefore, the acceptation of the rules, implies the cession of the Broadcast rights without any other requirement. The organisation keeps for itself the partial or total use of the short films of the official section for the promotion or diffusion of the Festival and always with a non-commercial or lucrative purpose.
About the jury and votations.
A jury appointed by the organization and formed by representatives of the field of culture and audiovisual will decide the awards. The jury’s decisions are unappealable.
The Audience Awardwill be decidedby those attending thefestival.
The Young Jury Award will be chosen by a group of advanced students in Audiovisuals or Cinema.
In the case of a tied, the amount will be divided among the considered works.
The Organizing Committee can resolve any issue not covered in their bases. Their decisions will be unappealable.
The participation in the festival implies the acceptance of its terms.